Thursday, June 26, 2008

Frida Doll to go with Frida by Jonah Winter


How exciting!
A Frida doll to go with my very favorite art-theme children's picture book.

Frida 7" Soft Doll

by Yottoy





Here's my review from an INK post:

Frida
by Jonah Winter (author) and Ana Juan (illustrator)
Arthur A. Levine Books 2002

This book is my very favorite book on art. I have taught Art Appreciation classes in the elementary schools for 9 years and I am always finding that the book holds a captive audience for all children from Kindergarten to 5th grade. In Winter's telling of Frida Kahlo's life, her passion, creativity, and persistence shine through in a poetic narrative. The Mexican folk art of monkeys, devils, skeletons and jaguars, which represent the demons that Kahlo faced and incorporated into her paintings, add another interesting dimension to the art lesson.

No comments: